The College of Arts strives for practical education in order to cultivate professional skills and creative artistry in line with the rapidly changing trend of contemporary art. The Dept. of Music, Dept. of Theatre & Film, and Dept. of Beauty Design are operated, and faculty members with field experience and artistry are working together to develop students based on their rich experience in each field.
The Dept. of Music trains professional musicians who have a broad understanding of art and creativity through theory and practical education.
The Dept. of Theatre & Film cultivates creative and competitive experts in the field of performances and video to cultivate leaders with broad perspectives and knowledge to lead the 21st century cultural society.
The Dept. of Beauty Design trains leaders with broad perspectives and knowledge to lead the creative and competitive 21st century’s cultural society in the beauty industry.
The Dept. of Performing Music and Arts, newly established in 2017, aims to cultivate the next generation of talents that combine art and technology through practical, professional education for 21st century artists.
Dept. of Music
The Dept. of Music aims to cultivate talented performers, communicative educators, and creative art planners by developing students' musical skills and artistic creativity.
The Dept. of Music, which has accumulated 33 years of history since 1988, boasts excellent faculty, excellent curriculum and academic tradition, and is recognized in the music industry and society.
In the 21st century, more than ever, artists are needed to lead the era of artificial intelligence with creativity and sensitivity. The Dept. of Music looks forward to the future, and will do our best for a brighter future by improving practical skills with the subject and comparative programs necessary for students.
- Counseling and career guidance by excellent faculty members with outstanding performance skills and rich educational background
- A curriculum focused on individual potential and aptitude development, such as summer camps and special classes invited by domestic and foreign professors
- Opportunities to improve performance skills and practice creative planning through many concerts on and off campus. Spring and autumn regular concerts, festivals and planned concerts by each majors, small concerts at the Academic Information Center, excellent practical performance, winter and summer camps
- Operating a job start-up preparation program: Arts Convergence Education Instructor Certificate (Curriculum), Adventure PA Instructor License, My First Piano Instructor License (Comparative Course), Early Childhood Piano Teaching Practice
- Various practical performance clubs (SK Piano Society, The Saints, Concert Choir) through club activities, employment clubs (art planning), volunteer clubs (The Dream Players)
- Field practice through industry-academia cooperation with industries such as Anyang Culture and Arts Foundation, Ansan Culture and Arts Foundation, and Bison Culture
- Regular exchange activities with overseas universities: Delta State University (Mississippi), Indiana Wesleyan University (Indiana), etc.
Dept. of Theatre & Film
The Dept. of Theatre & Film aims to cultivate active and creative experts related to theater and film. In addition, we promote the development of the field of theater arts by studying future-oriented theater, film, video and performing arts. The Dept. of Theatre & Film recognizes performing arts and video media as communication with society, classifying the characteristics of media, and comparing and researching them. Understand the general character and function of each of these media, and to broadly recognize and grow artistic and aesthetic aspects. A play is a literary play that explores the fundamental problems of life and human beings expressed through performances. Theater is a comprehensive art that meets audiences through the collaboration of actors, directors and performers. We cultivate competent professionals who can lead while playing a pivotal role in the performing arts world. In addition, we aim to find and nurture young filmmakers who will realize the great ideal of globalization of Korean films in line with the trend of internationalization. We offer opportunities to build film production and expertise in a variety of fields, including directing, cinematography, production, and film art.
Dept. of Beauty Design
In the Dept. of Beauty Design, theoretical education and practice are conducted to educate students who will lead the future health and beauty industries. In addition, the purpose of education is to cultivate creative and competitive beauty design professionals with a personality based on the Christian spirit and to cultivate leaders who will lead the industry and education in the 21st century.
Dept. of Performing Music and Arts
The Dept. of Performing Music and Arts of Sungkyul University was established in 2017 to cultivate multi-artists and professionals focusing on practical work with the goal of cultivating cultural and artistic experts who will lead the Korean Wave in the 21st century. Now that the Fourth Industrial Revolution is approaching, it is time for all fields of study and arts to be reorganized into a form suitable for the new era. Sungkyul University is seeking innovation in university culture. The Dept. of Performing Music and Arts is a leading group of practical studies that fit the catchphrase of our university called 'Sungkyul Univer-City'. We will cultivate young and passionate artists into “All Ground Players” through our creative convergence curriculum centered around contemporary and practical church music along with Christian spirit.