Department and major, Years required for graduation
|Degree course||Department||Major||Years required for graduation.||Earned credits||Remarks|
|Master's Degree||Dept. of Social Welfare||Social Welfare||2 years||24 credits||Day|
|Dept. of Early Childhood Education||Early Childhood Education||2 years||24 credits||Day|
|Dept. of Business Management||Business Management||2 years||24 credits||Day|
|Doctor's Degree||Dept. of Theology||Old Testament Theology||3 years||54 credits||Day|
|New Testament Theology|
|Christian Counseling & Ministry Counseling|
|Dept. of Social Welfare||Social Welfare||3 years||36 credits||Day|
|Division of Business Management||Public Management||3 years||36 credits||Day|
|Division of Public Administration||Public Administration||3 years||36 credits||Day|
|Property and Building control Administration|
|Dept. of Educationㅁ||3 years||36 credits||Day|
''Day'' in the line of ''Remarks'' means day school.
Dept. of Social Welfare
- The major in Social Welfare
The purpose of the Dept. of Social Welfare is to show, under the Christian philosophy of Sungkyul University, the way for students to be excellent and creative social workers, and then to allow them to be experts in psycho-social problems by systematically training them to master social welfare theory and skills. Finally it aims to make them high class human resources devoted to the welfare of mankind and the nation.
Dept. of Early Childhood Education
- Major in Early Childhood Education
The Dept. of Early Childhood Education, with the positive support from the College of Education within Sungkyul University, aims to operate its Master's and Doctor's Degree programs developing teachers who can accomplish proper leadership and skills in the field
Theology/ The Old Testament Theology
- Major in Old Testament Theology
The Graduate School of Theology and Old Testament Theology major is an educational institution that plays a pivotal role in cultivating the pastors of Yesung Denomination. In order to fulfill its mission, the Old Testament Theology major aims to educate the pastor who is fluent in the Bible and teaches the text of the Old Testament by opening six required courses and two elective courses respectively. It also aims to cultivate the interpretation ability based on the Bible and the ability of preaching by thorough study of Old Testament texts. The Old Testament Theology major focuses on the study of the major books of the Old Testament (Pentateuch, Prophecy, Poetry, Wisdom, and Late Prophets) and training pastors who are able to study autonomously and institute balanced evangelical theology through Old and New Testament Seminars.
Theology/ The New Testament Theology
- The major in the New Testament aims at sound and evangelical interpretation based on basic biblical background as well as historical, cultural, social, and grammatical explanations. It also intensively makes the explanations of the New Testament to apply easily to pastoral situation. It has the purpose to raise Christian workers of God with intellect and spirituality for Korean Churches in the 21st century.
Theology/ Historical Theology
- Historical Theology is the discipline to approach historical roots in many areas of theology. I t includes world church history, Korean church history, history of theological thought, and world religious history. You will experience very beneficial courses to receive the wisdom of Christian life as well as academic knowledge and insight through it.
Theology/ Systematic Theology
- The major in Systematic Theology is the formulated study to research themes which appeared in the word of God, in other words, the Bible. The study in the course are as follows: The first is the Theology of Sungkyul Church, which is affiliated with Holiness Theory and Wesley Theology. The second is Evangelical and Calvin Theology. The third is the field of modern theologians such as Schleiermacher, Tillich, Barth, etc. The fourth is Post-modernism. The fifth is Orthodox Systematic Theology. It includes the Doctrine of God, Christology, Anthropology, Pneumatology and Ecclesiology. The final is Spirituality Theology.
Theology/ Practical Theology
- Practical Theology is th on-site study. It pays attention to people, actual places, ministry, environment, social issues, experiments, alternatives, various attempts and especially God who controls all this in detail. Without this constant dialogue and interaction, it is impossible to 'do theology' properly or to 'do God's work' properly. Such properties are realized and embodied in the following subjects : Topics of contemporary homiletics, Types of worship, Ministry based on small group or cell, Form of modern preaching, Study on worship and sacrament, Modern ministry and evangelism, Special ministry and Age-based sermons, Healing ministry, Educational administration, and Leadership.
Theology/ Christian Education
- The major in Christian Education is the study to learn the educational leadership required for ministry workers to make sound churches, to be mature Christians and to make happy families. Its purpose is to positively cope with era changes, especially through the Educational Ministry, and to search for the ways of continuing growth and development of the faith based community. To meet this mission, it emphasizes academic research and professional leadership required to apply the biblical wisdom to Christian life, since modern ministry needs the diverse leadership, pastoral specialties, development of programs appropriate to the church situation, and educational functions.
Theology/ Christian Counseling & Ministry Counseling
- The major in Christian Counseling & Ministry Counseling within Graduate School of Theology was established in 2002. It has developed christian counselors and ministry counselors to help humanity recovery and positive changes under evangelical anthropology and researched the on-site research. Its curriculum and career after graduation are as follows : The curriculum are consist of process consultation & techniques, advanced group psychology & group counseling seminars, advanced psychological measurement & statistical analysis, abnormal psychology & counseling seminars, advanced family counseling, adolescent psychology & counseling seminars and crisis counseling seminars. These subjects is required to get national consultant qualifications(Youth counselor, Ministry of Health, Welfare and Family). The programs to let know the properties of evangelical christian counseling are also composed of pastoral counseling theory and practice, theory and practice of biblical counseling, christian counseling by topic, christian counseling seminar, pastoral counseling seminar, integrate seminar on theology & psychology, abnormal psychology & pastoral counseling seminar, etc. After graduation, it is possible to get certificated through procedure required from counseling agency or academic society. After getting a counseling certificate, it is practicable to be responsible for the ministry in those places such as churches, christian counseling centers, youth counseling centers, family counseling centers, social welfare facilities, etc. Besides, after getting doctor's degree, it is feasible to be the experts who educate younger students or make a counseling center.
Theology/ Missionary Theology
- Missionary Theology started with the rise of western imperialism when western missionaries were sent worldwide in the mid-19th century. At that time Missionary Theology claimed independence from other theologies and earned an academic position as one of theological studies. And after the Second World War, specifically in the 1960s when newly independent countries appeared, the thought that missions must not be on the fringe of church anymore but must be the raison d'être of the church was spread out and this caused the development of Missionary Theology. New Testament and missionary scholar, David Bosch calls it the movement from evangelical theology to missionary theology. In this sense, it has a dual mission to connect theology and practical theology. So it deeply relies on theology, history and practice. At the same time, it is closely connected to the behavioral sciences, namely cultural-anthropology, sociology, linguistics and religious phenomenology. It is not static study but dynamic learning linked with social, cultural and religious changes to spread the gospel. Currently the missionary theology has its own identity as a separate study. But it actually has a necessary relationship with other academic fields. Eventually, we hope that it will be an integrated center to gather all the disciplines.
Division of Business Management(Ph. D.)
- Under the philosophy of the university, students in Division of Business Management are getting educated in depth regarding profound theory and proper application, become CEO (chief executive officer) leading post-industrial society. However, the international business environment is rapidly changed and confronted with the borderless economy crisis in the era of the WTO. It is consequently important to produce great managers running competitive companies.
Division of Public Administration(Ph. D.)
- Major in Public Administration
The purpose of education in the Division of Public Administration is to teach students the systematic theory and applied principle and help them to become future-oriented leaders and high-level administrators in the 21st century.
Division of Public Administration(Ph. D.)
- Major in Real Estate & Building Administration
The major in Real Estate & Building Administration aims to teach students the systematic theory and applied principle help them to become future leaders and superior administrators in the 21st century.
Division of Public Administration(Ph. D.)
- Major in Immigration Policy
The major in Immigration Policy aims to teach students the systematic theory and applied principle of problems relevant to immigration and help them to grow as high ranking administrators concerning immigration policy leading the future in the 21st century.
Dept. of Education(Ph. D.)
- Established in March, 2009, the Dept. of Education has produced professional educators. Its goal, in the Doctor's course, is to gain much information about its specialty subjects and have leadership as an expert. The Doctor's course is divided into 3 majors, Early Childhood Education, Physical Education and Counseling Education. After graduation, they become professors, instructors and teachers improving school environment or play key roles as researchers in educational institutes.